What is the Faculty/Staff Assistance Services?
The Faculty/Staff Assistance Services (FSAS) is a worksite-based resource dedicated to providing professional, confidential assistance to university employees, retirees, and their families who may be experiencing personal and/or professional difficulties.
Who can use your services?
Faculty, staff, retirees, and their family members can utilize FSAS services.
What services do you provide?
FSAS provides a wide variety of therapeutic, consultation, and educational services including:
- Short-term counseling on issues such as
- work-related concerns
- family and relationships
- grief and loss
- substance use/addiction
- stress, anxiety, or depression
- financial concerns
- Group support meetings
- Referrals to outside providers
- Supervisor consultations on identifying employees with personal and/or work-related problems and strategies for intervention
- Customized presentations to departments, on topics such as
- conflict resolution
- work/life balance
- coping with change
- Training workshops for supervisors, on topics such as "Recognizing the Troubled Employee"
- Substance abuse training for supervisors
- Presentations and seminars on topics such as parenting, handling conflict productively, developmental issues in adolescence, and seeking help for depression.
How much do FSAS services cost?
FSAS services are free for employees and their families and retirees.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, counseling sessions are scheduled by appointment only.
How can I make an appointment?
To schedule a confidential appointment, please call (217) 244-5312 or email email@example.com.
What are your hours?
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where are you located?
1011 West Springfield Avenue, Urbana.
There is visitor parking available in lot B-21, immediately east of the building. There are three signed spots, numbered 240, 241, and 242. These are in the nothwest corner of the lot and are the spots closest to the building. If these are occupied, metered parking is also available on Springfield Avenue.
How do you collaborate with Campus Wellbeing Services?
We collaborate with Campus Wellbeing Services on various educational programs such as stress management education and informational programs. Check the Campus Wellbeing Services events calendar for upcoming programs.
How can I learn more about the Faculty/Staff Assistance Services?
For more information or to schedule a confidential appointment, call (217) 244-5312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at humanresources.illinois.edu/fsas.