Presented by University of Illinois Extension.
What is the Financial Wellness Program?
The Financial Wellness program helps students at the University of Illinois develop effective money management skills and provides practical resources and educational opportunities to help them make informed financial decisions.
Who can use your services?
Registered students can meet one-on-one with Peer Educators to ask questions about their finances. In addition, students are invited to connect with Financial Wellness through a monthly e-newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter.
- To subscribe to the e-newsletter, click here.
- "Like" us on Facebook, facebook.com/FinancialWellnessUIE.
- Follow us on Twitter, @finwellnessuie.
Faculty, staff, departments, and student groups can request financial workshops and presentations.
Faculty, staff, students, and the public can utilize online resources and public presentations.
What services do you provide?
A wide variety of educational services are available, including:
- Personal and confidential conversations with students on financial issues such as checking and interpreting credit reports, budgeting, and financial planning. Provided by trained peer educators.
- Presentations to campus clubs, departments, and staff.
- Referrals to related financial services in the community and at the University.
- Educational outreach programs on financial topics.
- Resource center at Campus Wellbeing Services with financial education materials.
How much do your services cost?
All services are free.
Do I need an appointment?
You can drop in during office hours or you may make an appointment by calling (217) 244-5580 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When are financial wellness services available in the Campus Wellbeing Services?
Office hours at Campus Wellbeing Services for Fall Term 2017 will be posted soon. Please check back.
How do you collaborate with the Campus Wellbeing Services?
We provide peer financial consultations in Campus Wellbeing Services during our office hours.
We partner with Campus Wellbing Services on several events, including the Celebrate Wellness health fair, America Saves Week, and others. Check the Campus Wellbeing Services events calendar for upcoming programs.
How can I learn more about the Financial Wellness program?
For general information, visit our website at web.extension.illinois.edu.
To make an appointment, or get further information, call (217) 244-55890 or email email@example.com.
To contact Kathy Sweedler, UI Extension Educator,
For specific online financial resources, go to:
- Getting through Tough Financial Times
- Cash Course
- More for Your Money
- Dealing with Clutter
- Plan Well, Retire Well
- Tax Breaks for Higher Education