Best Walks for Fitness and Enjoyment
South Quad Walk
- Start and end points: Directly in front of the Stock Pavilion
- General description: This loop walk is a quick way to get some exercise in near the South Quad.
- Directions: Start in front of the Stock Pavilion. From there, walk east to the sidewalk running alongside the Agricultural Engineering Sciences Building. At this sidewalk, proceed north. This sidewalk will then start to move northeast. Follow the this northeast sidewalk all the way until you reach the sidewalk running east to west right in front of the bell tower. Take this sidewalk past the Bell Tower until you reach a sidewalk that runs southeast. Follow this sidewalk back to the Stock Pavilion.
- Steps: 700
- Distance: ???
- Time to walk at a moderate (15 – 20 minute mile) pace: 5:46 minutes
How To Lengthen This Walk
Instead of the taking the sidewalk that runs just north of the bell tower, follow the sidewalk all the way out to Gregory Drive and then move west on the sidewalk right before you reach Gregory Drive. The next step is to turn north again at the sidewalk that runs just east of David Kinley Hall.
How to Shorten This Walk
No need—only a 5-minute walk
What's Great About This Walk
- Free from traffic
- Not extremely busy
- Newer sidewalks
- Beautiful landscaping
What to Be Aware of on This Walk
- Many people like to ride their bikes on this path
- Very little shade—be sure to dress light and wear sunscreen in summer
- High-use buildings: Agriculture Engineering Sciences Building, Temple Hoyne Buell Hall, Stock Pavilion
- Areas of interest: Bell Tower, sculptures to the west of the Agriculture Engineering Sciences Building
- Benches near the bell tower
- Very beautiful landscaping