tobacco cessation and consults
Freedom From Smoking uses a systematic and personalized approach to help people overcome tobacco addiction. The program is open to employees and students as well as their significant others. Topics addressed include:
- Identifying/overcoming triggers to smoking
- Using cessation medication effectively
- Creating a quit plan that works for you
- Dealing with high-risk situations
- What to do when a craving strikes
- Overcoming slips and preventing relapse
- Building social support
- Managing stress without tobacco
- Handling social situations
The cost is $25 for the entire 8 sessions. Campus employees will have this fee fully refunded if they attend 6 (six) or more sessions.
Registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Campus Wellbeing Services at (217) 265-9355 or email email@example.com.
Individual Cessation Consults
Campus Wellbeing Services offers individual cessation consults. Consult sessions help employees begin a comprehensive cessation strategy. Consult participants will:
- Assess the severity and type of their tobacco addiction
- Determine their readiness to quit
- Review a variety of cessation options
- Determine which options best fit their needs
- Explore financial help if needed
- Establish an initial action plan (for those ready to quit)
- Receive a quit kit
Cessation consults are free and confidential. Sessions can be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact Michele Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 244-2205.