Verification of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Employment
We regret that we are unable to provide this information over the telephone.
Current Employees — All
All current university employees must use the University of Illinois Online Employment Verification System. By doing so, vendors such as banks, mortgage lenders, and government approved housing can access your employment information immediately and process your loan application or housing request much faster.
To access the Online Employment Verification System (EVS):
- Access the System HR Services site
- Click "Access AVS" in the Take Action Box
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click on the Login box
- Enter your 4 digit PIN (if you don’t already have one, click on the Your PIN link and enter the requested information. To move between fields, use the Tab key or click your cursor directly into the next field. By striking the Enter key, you will receive an error message and must re-enter the information)
- Click Submit
- Select Establish a Vendor Access Number
- Click Continue
- Review VAN Requirements and Instructions for Vendor by clicking on the links provided
- Enter any 4 digit number to be used as a one time access Vendor Access Number; re-enter the VAN number you created for confirmation
- Select the level of authorization from the dropdown
- Click Continue
- Note the web address for EVS on the VAN Created page.
- Receive email confirmation
Provide the vendor with the EVS web address and VAN so they can access your information immediately. Please inform the vendor that they have only one opportunity to access your information with the VAN provided. They should view and print the information before exiting the system.
Former Employees — Civil Service
For employment verification of a former Civil Service employee (including Extra Help), please send a release form signed by the former employee to Staff Human Resources, 52 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL 61820, or fax to (217) 244-7304.
Former Employees — Academic
Employee making request: Individuals formerly employed as a faculty, other academic, academic professional, graduate assistant/hourly, or academic hourly employee should send a written request specifying the information needing verified to Academic Human Resources at Suite 420 IUB, 807 S. Wright, Champaign, IL 61820; via fax to (217) 333-4019; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that it can take10 – 15 working days to process the request. Requests for information other than salary, dates, percentage of appointment, or title (e.g., performance, job duties, or attendance) should be directed to the unit(s) in which you were employed. If you were only employed in one unit, the employing unit may complete the employment verification.
Agencies making request: Agencies needing employment verification of a former faculty, other academic, academic professional, graduate assistant/hourly, or academic hourly employee, should send their request and a signed release form from the former employee to Academic Human Resources at Suite 420 IUB, 807 S. Wright, Champaign, IL 61820; via fax to (217) 333-4019; or via email to email@example.com (no requests will be processed without the signed release form). Please be advised that it can take 10 – 15 working days to process the request. Requests for information other than salary, dates, percentage of appointment, or title (e.g., performance, job duties or attendance) should be directed to the unit(s) in which the employee was affiliated. All requests related to salary, dates, percentage of appointment, and title for an employee who held multiple jobs in multiple units should be directed to Academic Human Resources for handling. Employing units may complete employment verifications for former employees who were employed by only one unit.