Culinary Worker II
(formerly Kitchen Helper)
STAFF HUMAN RESOURCES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Deadline to Apply: Indefinite
(# of months)
|Culinary Worker II||
To be determined
To be determined
40 hours per week to be determined
All correspondence to applicants will be sent through e-mail, including exam dates. Please check your e-mail, including Spam or Junk email. We also suggest you add these e-mail addresses to your e-mail contacts: SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view your exam dates, exam scores, and current register positions online, go to jobs.illinois.edu/. Log in and click on "Civil Service Activity.
1. Six (6 months) of experience in food preparation in a commercial setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of food terms, materials, equipment and methods used to prepare food.
2. Knowledge of materials and methods used to prepare food on a large scale, use and care of relevant utensils and equipment and food values and nutrition.
3. Service Orientation - A strong service orientation, actively looking for ways to help people.
4. Cleanliness -- Knowledge of sanitary procedures and directives; how to use simple cleaning solutions and equipment.
5. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
6. Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
7. Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
To View Classification Specifications:
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a written contingent offer.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
An updated application must be submitted by the time you submit the exam request.
Applicants and employees must submit an online Civil Service Application and Exam Request form (you must submit both) at jobs.illinois.edu. If an application was previously submitted, an update is still required.A request to create a civil service application will be processed within two (2) business days (Monday - Friday). Your logon information will be e-mailed to you. When you receive your logon information, you can complete your online employment application.
If you have any questions, call us during regular office hours (8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday) at 217-333-2137.
We appreciate your interest in University employment.
Campus’ commitment to diversity and Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
Posted: 07/29/16 - Indefinite