Work Program Participant
STAFF HUMAN RESOURCES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Deadline to Apply: Indefinite
(# of months)
|Work Program Participant
||Child Care Resource Services||
|To be determined||
A valid IL driver's license is required. You must add your driver's license information on your application (page 5 of CS Application Part 2), including the expiration date, to be considered for this position. A copy of both sides of your driver's license must be submitted by the time you submit the exam request.
All correspondence to applicants will be sent through e-mail, including exam dates. Please check your e-mail, including Spam or Junk email. We also suggest you add these e-mail addresses to your e-mail contacts: SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
To view your exam dates, exam scores, and current register positions online, go to jobs.illinois.edu/. Log in and click on "Civil Service Activity."
This civil service employee will support the implementation of the mission of the Child Care Resource Services office that serves Champaign, Vermilion, Macon, Douglas Iroquois, and Piatt Counties. The Work Program Participant will monitor the quality of license exempt (LE) childcare services in the area. In addition, they will connect providers to necessary programs and services.
• Visit license exempt child care providers to ensure the CCAP Health and Safety Standards are being followed
• Follow IDHS established protocol for reporting conduct or conditions discovered in a license exempt home or center that pose an imminent threat to the health and safety of participating children, including notifying the appropriated CCR&R contact, State or local licensing authorities and take action consistent with the recommendations and requirements of those authorities
• Prepare written reports for each monitoring visit conducted - accurate records are maintained to document compliance
• Maintain files and enter data in the format and timeframe specified by the Department
• Work with the license-exempt provider community to enhance the quality of care being provided in the child care setting
• Work with all LEPM’s and CCRS administration to develop a schedule to monitor all LE providers at least one time per year
• Travel within 6 county region during varying hours
• Research availability of CPR training within CCRS region. Develop CPR training availability resource to share with child care providers
• Arrange for additional CPR training opportunities as needed
• Manage the CCRS lab providing providers assistance while they take on-line trainings
• Educate providers on requirements of being an approved Child Care Assistance Program provider
• Facilitate trainings as needed, including the Level One credential
• Participate in minimum of 15 hours of professional development training per year
• Perform other duties as assigned
1. Valid IL driver's license
2. High school diploma or high school equivalency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to use a computer and enter data into a database
• Willingness to travel alone to a 6 county area
• Ability to work as a team and alone
• Experience working with children
To view more information about this classification:
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a written contingent offer.
A valid IL driver's license is required. You must add your driver's license information on your application (page 5 of CS Application Part 2), including the expiration date, to be considered for this position. An updated application and a copy of both sides of your driver's license must be submitted by the time you submit the exam request. The driver's license can be electronically attached to your online application through the "Documents" link on Part 2 of the application. Be sure to select the appropriate document type for ease of retrieval. Documents may also be submitted in one of the following ways: hand deliver or mail to Staff Human Resources, 52 East Gregory Drive. Champaign, IL 61820; or fax to 217-244-7304.
Applicants and employees must submit an online Civil Service Application (Urbana) and Exam Request form for WORK PROGRAM PARTICIPANT at jobs.illinois.edu. If an application was previously submitted, an update is still required. A request to create a civil service application will be processed within two (2) business days (Monday - Friday). Your logon information will be e-mailed to you. When you receive your logon information, you can complete your online Civil Service employment application and exam request form.
Exam Scoring Information:
In addition to the knowledge portion of this exam, the updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume, college transcripts, and/or staff development course listings, will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded by the time you submit your exam request. For this exam, please remember to include all relevant work experience.
If you have any questions, call us during regular office hours (8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday) at 217-333-2137.
We appreciate your interest in University employment.
Campus’ commitment to diversity and Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
Posted: 08/07/17 - Indefinite