The DIA-VSP is designed to help DIA address significant financial challenges due to COVID-19’s impact on athletics by reducing our salary obligations, while providing an incentive to employees who may wish to explore other opportunities.
An eligible employee’s decision to participate in the DIA-VSP is entirely voluntary. No eligible employee will be pressured or coerced into electing to participate in the program and there will be no reprisals against any eligible employee based on their decisions.
If you have questions, please contact Illinois Human Resources at
Employees in active status who meet all of the following requirements:
1. In active employment status
2. Employed in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics in an academic professional or civil service position, regardless of age or service
3. Has not previously provided official written notice of resignation
4. Is not currently on a Notice of Non-Reappointment, unless the notice is due to reclassification from academic professional to civil service
In no event will any eligible employee who is accepted to participate in the DIA-VSP be eligible for any other severance plan, policy or program maintained by UIUC or the University.
For employees in union-represented bargaining units, eligibility shall be addressed through the required collective bargaining process.
Employees who are NOT eligible:
- Employees currently on Notice of Non-reappointment (not related to Reclassification/Reallocation from academic professional to civil service)
DIA-SVP Program Announced 1.27.21
Application Window Opens 1.27.21
Application Window Closes 2.28.21