Featured Walks and Maps
Ever wondered what is the best way to get across campus by foot?
Looking for a nice campus walk for recreation or fitness?
Good news! Our campus has many walkable areas. Campus Wellbeing Services has identified some of the best walks on campus. Whether you are looking for a good way to walk to a meeting or class, a quick lunchtime walk near your worksite or dorm, a fitness walk, or an aesthetically pleasing stroll, we've found some areas that fit the bill.
We've divided our walks into the following categories—best ways to walk across campus and best walk for fitness and enjoyment. Each walk has a printable fact sheet and map.
Best ways to walk across campus
- Armory Trail (East – West)
- Lorado Taft Trail (East – West)
- Peabody Drive (East – West)
- Quad Link (North – South)
- 6th Street (North – South)
Best walks for fitness and enjoyment
- Urbana State Streets—Carle Park walk
- Research Park Trail walk
- Arboretum—Japan House walk
- Bardeen Quad walk
- Beckman Quad walk
- Boneyard Greenway—Scott Park—Retention Pond walk
- Illini Grove walk
- Krannert Art Museum—Cemetery Loop walk
- Main Quad walk
- South Quad walk