Specialized Faculty

Non-tenure track (modified professorial titles, lecturer, instructor, teaching/research/clinical associate). Units set the minimum degree and experience requirements; however, these positions require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.  Some of these positions are subject to the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with the Campus Faculty Association (IFT-AFT, AAUP (CFA)).  Please see the collective bargaining agreement for details regarding which specialized faculty are subject to the terms of the agreement.

Postdoctoral Research Associates are employees involved in research and who have completed their doctorate or terminal degree within the last 5 years.  Because Postdoctoral Research Associates are transitional in nature, there is not a required specified search process for appointees, and Postdoctoral Research Associate service should not exceed five (5) years from the date of initial appointment.