Exit Process

Civil Service Exit Process

Resignations & Retirement

If you are planning on resigning your position from the University of Illinois, we ask that you contact your department and give them notice. You will need to put in writing your last day and reason for separating from the university. You will need to complete and sign the Employee Separation and Exit Form and return the form to your supervisor/unit HR.

Once you have decided to resign, you can contact the State Universities Retirement System (SURS) if you wish to discuss receiving a separation refund for the SURS contributions you made while employed. SURS can be reached at 1-800-ASK-SURS or 378-8800 in the Champaign-Urbana area.

As soon as you are thinking of retiring, you need to contact SURS. SURS will meet with you and discuss all of your options. Once you have talked with SURS and have signed your retirement papers, you will need to contact your department. Your department will need a completed and signed Employee Separation and Exit Form from you.

Separation Grid