Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application Process
The Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application requires two forms to be completed for the first semester for which a tuition waiver is being requested:
- Employee completes the Child of Employee 50% Tuition Waiver Application (via System HR Services)
- Student completes the Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record (BUR) Form (paper form)
Note: For students attending the Urbana-Champaign campus, the parent does not need to complete a Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application after the initial semester; however, the student must complete a Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record Form (paper form) each semester. If the student has a break in attendance, both the Waiver Application and Benefit Utilization forms are required.
The Policy and Eligibility requirements can found in System HR Services under the Benefits tab in the Tuition Waivers section. In addition, you can find the Application Process by following the steps below:
The Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application form must be completed in My UI Info:
Note: You will need to know your NetID and Active Directory (AD) password for this process.
Once in My UI Info, follow the steps below to complete the application form:
1. Click on Benefits tab.
2. Click on the Tuition Waivers link.
3. For Policy or Eligibility information, click on the appropriate link.
4. Select the appropriate link under the Child of Employee heading based on whether the student will be attending the University of Illinois or Other Illinois Senior Public University. The policy and eligibility requirements can also be viewed from these selections.
Complete the Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record (BUR) form via paper and forward to the Office of Student Financial Aid at the campus the child attends. If attending another Illinois Senior Public University, the campus may require the student to complete the BUR form from that university. Contact the campus where the student is attending to find out if they require a form other than the University of Illinois BUR form.
The form can either be obtained by the staff member printing the form via the My UI Info website, or it can be printed off from the Student Financial Aid website at http://www.osfa.illinois.edu/forms.