Verification of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Employment
We regret that we are unable to provide this information over the telephone.
Current Employees — Undergrad Student Employees
All undergrad student employment verifications can either be a signed faxed request sent to 217.244.6589 or they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All current university employees must use the University of Illinois Online Employment Verification System. By doing so, vendors such as banks, mortgage lenders, and government approved housing can access your employment information immediately and process your loan application or housing request much faster. Requests for information other than salary, dates, percentage of appointment, or title (e.g., performance, job duties or attendance) should be directed to the unit(s) in which the employee was affiliated.
To access the Online Employment Verification System (EVS):
- Access the System HR Services site
- Click "Access EVS" in the Take Action Box
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click on the Login box
- Enter your 4 digit PIN (if you don’t already have one, click on the Your PIN link and enter the requested information. To move between fields, use the Tab key or click your cursor directly into the next field. By striking the Enter key, you will receive an error message and must re-enter the information)
- Click Submit
- Select Establish a Vendor Access Number
- Click Continue
- Review VAN Requirements and Instructions for Vendor by clicking on the links provided
- Enter any 4 digit number to be used as a one time access Vendor Access Number; re-enter the VAN number you created for confirmation
- Select the level of authorization from the dropdown
- Click Continue
- Note the web address for EVS on the VAN Created page.
- Receive email confirmation
Provide the vendor with the EVS web address and VAN so they can access your information immediately. Please inform the vendor that they have only one opportunity to access your information with the VAN provided. They should view and print the information before exiting the system.
Employee or Agencies making request: Individuals formerly employed as a faculty, other academic, academic professional, civil service (including extra help), graduate assistant/hourly, or academic hourly employee should send a written request, or this signed release form, specifying the information needing verified to Illinois Human Resources at 52 E. Gregory Drive, Champaign, IL 61820, or fax to (217) 244-7304; or via email to email@example.com. Please be advised that it can take 10 – 15 working days to process the request. Requests for information other than salary, dates, percentage of appointment, or title (e.g., performance, job duties, or attendance) should be directed to the unit(s) in which you were employed. If you were only employed in one unit, the employing unit may complete the employment verification.