The SVRP is designed to help the University manage budgetary goals as a result of changes in the academic and economic environment, while providing eligible employees with the choice of a retirement incentive opportunity.
An eligible employee’s decision to participate in the SVRP is entirely voluntary. No eligible employee will be pressured or coerced into electing to participate in the program and there will be no reprisals against any Eligible Employee based on his or her decisions.
If you have questions, please contact Illinois Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urbana campus Employees in active status who meet all of the following requirements:
1. Employed as an academic professional or civil service employee (except as outlined in 4 below)
2. Has not provided official written notice of resignation with UIUC prior to the Plan Effective Date (Dec. 3, 2020); and
3. As of May 31, 2021, the employee will have either:
- attained age 62 with 5 or more years of service* with the University;
- attained age 55 with 8 or more years of service* with the University;
- attained 30 or more years of service* with the University; or
- for those employees who are Tier II SURS Participants (first participated in SURS on or after January 1, 2011) in either the Portable or Traditional Plan through SURS, have attained age 62 with 10 years of service* with the University.
*Years of service requirements must be attained without a break in employment.
For employees in union-represented bargaining units, eligibility shall be addressed through the required collective bargaining process.
4. Employees who are NOT eligible:
- AP and CS Employees in positions funded 50% or greater by grant funds
- AP and CS Employees in Illinois Fire Services Institute (due to special state appropriation)
- AP and CS Employees in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Employees currently on Notice of Non-reappointment (not related to Reclassification/Reallocation from academic professional to civil service)
- System Offices employees
Announcement of Staff Voluntary Retirement Plan (SVRP) 12.3.20
Application Window Opens 12.3.20
SVRP Information Session 12.8.20
Application Window Closes 1.15.21