Academic Human Resources
Academic Human Resources (AHR) is the campus HR office for academic employees.
Academic employees include tenure system faculty, specialized faculty (non-tenure system), academic professionals, as well as graduate assistants. This office provides a wide range of employee and departmental services, including guidance and counsel to units and employees on all academic human resources policies, review and processing of all academic appointments in the university’s payroll system, and advising on all academic labor and employee relations issues. Our staff also serves as a liaison with the Board of Trustees for academic staff appointments.
Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 4:30 p.m., Central Time Zone
Our office is located on the 4th floor of the Illini Union Bookstore building. To access our office, please use the elevators located inside the northeast entrance of the building (just south of Coble Hall).
There is metered parking on Sixth Street, Daniel Street, and John Street; in the lot between the Illini Union Bookstore and Swanlund Administration Building; and on the ground level of the parking structure on the corner of 6th and John.
Units within AHR
- Director’s Office: (217) 333-7466
- Academic Appointments Processing: (217) 333-6747
- Academic Employment Policy/BOT Liaison: (217) 333-6747
- Labor and Employee Relations: (217) 333-3105
- Classification and Compensation: (217) 333-6747
- Dual Career Program: (217) 333-7466
- Background Check Processing: (217) 333-6747