Culinary Worker IV
(formerly Head Cook)
STAFF HUMAN RESOURCES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Deadline to Apply: Indefinite
(# of months)
|Culinary Worker IV||To be determined||
To be determined
40 hours per week to be determined
All correspondence to applicants will be sent through e-mail, including exam dates. Please check your e-mail, including Spam or Junk email. We also suggest you add these e-mail addresses to your e-mail contacts: SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view your exam dates, exam scores, and current register positions online, go to jobs.illinois.edu/. Log in and click on "Civil Service Activity."
1. Two (2) years (24 months) of experience in quantity cooking in a commercial setting.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of experience comparable to that described in the lower level of this series.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of materials and methods used to prepare food on a large scale, use and care of relevant utensils and equipment and food values and nutrition.
2. Knowledge of current principles and practices of large-scale kitchen management, sanitary procedures and directives.
3. Ability - Plan simple menus.
4. Supervision - Ability to supervise and instruct subordinates.
5. Service orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
6. Standard mathematics such as addition, subtraction, calculation of fractions, percentages.
7. Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
8. Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
9. Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
10. Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
11. Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
12. Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
To View Classification Specifications:
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a written contingent offer.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
An updated application must be submitted by the time you submit the exam request.
Applicants and employees must submit an online Civil Service Application and Exam Request form (you must submit both) at jobs.illinois.edu. If an application was previously submitted, an update is still required. A request to create a civil service application will be processed within two (2) business days (Monday - Friday). Your logon information will be e-mailed to you. When you receive your logon information, you can complete your online Civil Service employment application and exam request form.
If you have any questions, call us during regular office hours (8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday) at 217-333-2137.
We appreciate your interest in University employment.
Campus’ commitment to diversity and Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
Posted: 07/29/16 - Indefinite