Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application Process
The Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application requires two forms to be completed for the first semester for which a tuition waiver is being requested:
- Employee completes the Child of Employee 50% Tuition Waiver Application (via NESSIE)
- Student completes the Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record (BUR) Form (paper form)
Note: For students attending the Urbana-Champaign campus, the parent does not need to complete a Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application after the initial semester; however, the student must complete a Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record Form (paper form) each semester. If the student has a break in attendance, both the Waiver Application and Benefit Utilization forms are required.
The Policy and Eligibility requirements can found in NESSIE under the Life Events tab at the "Education – Employee and Child Tuition Waivers" link. In addition, you can find the Application Process by following the steps below:
The Child of Employee Tuition Waiver Application form must be completed in NESSIE:https://nessie.uihr.uillinois.edu/cf/index.cfm
Note: You will need to know your NetID and Active Directory (AD) password for this process.
Once in NESSIE, follow the steps below to complete the application form:
1. Click on Life Events tab.
2. Click on the Education – Employee and Child Tuition Waivers link.
3. For Policy or Eligibility information, click on the appropriate link.
4. Select the appropriate link under the Child of Employee heading based on whether the student will be attending the University of Illinois or Other Illinois Senior Public University. The policy and eligibility requirements can also be viewed from these selections.
5. To begin the application process, click on the How to Apply for a Waiver link.
6. Click on the Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record (BUR Form) and print off the form for the student to complete.
7. Click on the Online Child of Employee 50% Tuition Waiver Application link.
8. You will then be prompted to login with your NetID and Active Directory (AD) password.
9. Enter your 4 digit PIN (if you do not remember your PIN, or have never created one, click on the "Your PIN" link, enter the information requested, and click submit). Once you have entered your PIN, click Submit which will take you to the application form.
10. Complete the form, and click Submit when finished.
Complete the Tuition Waiver Benefit Utilization Record (BUR) form via paper and forward to the Office of Student Financial Aid at the campus the child attends. If attending another Illinois Senior Public University, the campus may require the student to complete the BUR form from that university. Contact the campus where the student is attending to find out if they require a form other than the University of Illinois BUR form.
The form can either be obtained by the staff member printing the form via NESSIE, or it can be printed off from the Student Financial Aid website at http://www.osfa.illinois.edu/forms.