- Act as a primary resource for units and employees regarding the application and interpretation of university policy documents, including collective bargaining agreements.
- Partner with supervisors and employees to develop performance management plans that include formal feedback that serves to maximize employee performance.
- Assist with the coordination of various compliance activities, including Ethics Training and Positive Time Reporting.
- Assist with the resolution of workplace concerns, including complaints and formal grievances.
- Act as an intake officer for complaints of discrimination and harassment filed under the campus policy.
- Act as the designee for grievance hearings and responses at the director’s step of negotiated grievance procedures.
- Provide information and assistance to employees applying for disability leave and shared benefits.
- Advise units and employees with Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) on eligibility provisions and application procedures.
- Coordinate multi-unit staffings that bring together campus expertise on responding to critical incidents and special situations, including fitness to work and workplace violence.
- Provide contract administration and interpretation for those subject to union contract provisions.
- Interpret and communicate legislation relating to policy and law that impact represented employees.
- Participate in the collective bargaining process for represented employees.
- Host labor/management meetings as a forum for addressing immediate and ongoing concerns of employees and management.
Labor & Employee Relations (LER) Personnel
Phone: (217) 333-3105
|Senior Director, LER||
|Assistant Director, LER||Angela Reggansfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|LER Consultant||Steve Spaideemail@example.com|
|HR Representative||Annette Hussfirstname.lastname@example.org|